Thursday 24 April 2008

Chums.

So here is my mug of the day. This is one that I own. It's a Charlie and Lola one, well actually Lola and Lotta her best friend. My sister bought this for me for my birthday/Christmas (sorry I'm rubbish and can't remember which). I love Charlie and Lola it's just a shame that the mug is kid-sized and not big enough for me to drink out of. I like my tea and coffee to come in a bucket!!!

Following my Moomin mugshot yesterday, it seems that there is a secret gang of Moomin fans out there. Paper-and-string and I'm a Ginger Monkey are both fans. Check out Ginger's post today - from the postman, that is.. And Katy is my swap partner for the doll swap. Hmm....
For all those Moomin enthusiasts out there, here is a little treat for you. (click on the link)

Ooh - I ordered some goodies from paper-and-string, tho' not through etsy. I visited her own website and ordered....


Yay!!! Not one but two happy trees and a gnomey disguise. Can't wait for that delivery to arrive. hehehe

This is yesterday's blog post from U-handblog (yet another blog I subscribe to). It really made me laugh cuz it is SOOOO true. Have a read and see what you think...

In between the downpours today I managed to get into Lichfield to do some shopping. I bought some mousey-brown wool for incywincy's doll. (It's what she asked for - her description not mine.) I also bought this ball of fab funky coloured wool for which I have many plans....


Isn't it great?! The colour combo is just perfect.

I also bought some delica beads for my brooches. The reproduction isn't great but there is a packet of candy pink and two shades of coral-y colours. I love them 'cause they are so small and the matte colours are fab. I could have spent a fortune in there today but I'm saving my pennies for Devon.

Quite by coincidence one of my fave bloggers - Sal - did a post about Totnes yesterday. It's one of the places I would love to live if I had the choice. I shall be going there at the weekend, to watch big one nephew do his canoeing lesson, if not to shop.
I've had quite a productive day so far. I've actually finished incy's giveaway doll and shall do my best to get it in the post tomorrow. Tick. I've sorted out nephew's birthday present ready for the weekend. Tick. I've bought more bits and done some drawings for new brooches. Tick. I've bought kiddie a new school cardi. Tick. And I've seriously begun to think about ideas for another project.

One of my fellow CF members - Kipper - has sent those who wanted one a sample of his little wooden boxes. Here are a couple of pics of said box. Cute isn't it?


He has asked us to decorate, alter, embellish and generally make gorgeous one of his boxes in our own style. We just have to photograph the process and email the results to him together with instructions. He can then include our ideas in his customer newsletters to help promote his products. The best bit is... we get to keep the boxes afterwards. I have so many ideas I just can't decide which one to go for. Keep watching for further developments.

Whilst on the subject of CF friends I must just include a lovely portrait that incywincy made of me today.....

















What a pal!! hehehe And this is the woman I'm going to be working with..... Just you wait.....

5 comments:

Tip Top said...

Heheheh - love the pie - fluffy and leaves a lovely taste!!!!!

Lindsey said...

It's the yellow bit I love best!

saraeden said...

Cornwall , moomins and Charlie and Lola and guess what i bought at weekend ?? The same wool but in blue ... i already have the pink ;0)

Have a great weekend !!

Sara x

Sam Gillespie said...

lol - looking good crafty clanger =D

I ♥ cupcakes to distraction said...

Oh you made me hungry that lemon meringue pie looks delish :)