Friday 11 April 2008

Finished!!!!!!



So here she is - finished at last! Although I'm still not sure.... Nah! Not really. This has GOT to be the end. The party is tomorrow and I have too many other things to do tomorrow to spend any more time tweaking the dolly. I just have to try to look at her from Maria's point of view. I'm sure she'll like her. Thanks to all the guys on the forum for their input.



My next doll will be something slightly more straightforward. I am taking part in my first swap. Yay!! During a little spell of blog 'research' I found Mumsnet Art and Crafts Blog. They gave a link to one of their members MeeCrafty and it is she who has kicked off this swap - her first and mine. The swap is a doll with a budget of up to £5 or $10 if you are from the other side of the water. If you fancy joining in you have until 19th April to put your name forward. Click on the link to MeeCrafty and send her an email. It should be great fun. I can't wait. :0)

More fab news! I emailed Miss Ballance about the Silly Girls, if you remember, to see whether I could produce them with a view to selling them. She has replied today to say that, for a very small fee I can buy the rights to produce them. Yippee!!! Things are looking up. I have set myself the challenge of getting my etsy shop up and running by this time next week so 'watch this space'.

Oh, and while I'm on a roll with the good news - I am gradually creeping up the UK Crafty Blogs ratings. I have reached number 325 and I only signed up a week ago! Not bad eh? How fab would it be to get into the 200s.... Then the probably is maintaining my position. I would feel so glum if I dropped down. This must be how it feels to be a pop star!!! :0) hehe

So, as I hinted at, to celebrate all this good news I am going to do my first giveaway. Hmm... deadline...? I'll do it to coincide with the MeeCrafty doll swap. Leave a comment after this post or message me on Flickr and I'll put all the names in a hat and draw one out on the 19th April. The winner will receive... hmm... a surprise! I'm going into production of a variety of things in readiness for etsy so keep checking in to see what you might get...

And on that note I shall sign off. Another Friday night and I'm at home. Got to conserve my energy for the party tomorrow. xx




3 comments:

Swirlyarts said...

Ooooh - I'm up for a freebie!! Congrats on getting the go ahead for the dolls!

Chloe said...

Just thought I'd pop over and see what you did :)
And wow!
I love all your dolls. They are fab!

Lindsey said...

Thanks Chloe. So excited about the swap and getting one from someone else. :0)