Friday 25 April 2008

Give a tree a new gnome...

Mugshot first off. Here is one of my Christmas mugs that I love so much they have come into everyday use. They are HUGE and really chunky. Perfect for hot chocolate with 'the works' on top - marshmallows, cream, grated chocolate.... Oooh feel those calories.... I bought a pair of these from TK Maxx a couple of years ago. Just hope they don't break cuz I won't be able to replace them.



My mug I would love to own is a bit of a cheat really. It's a textile piece by artist Priscilla Jones and is actually a stack of espresso cups, but they're nearly mugs, aren't they? I love the colours in this piece and the delicacy of her work is gorgeous. She has done other kinds of 3D vessels too, including a fab teapot. Check her out.



So now my camera battery is finally charged I can take some pictures of my lovely mail this morning. (Evie discovered the video facility on my camera last night and proceeded to use up the whole SD card and run the battery flat filming....? the cats playing with a new toy?!* Kids!!! I ask you.....) My lovely postman brought me my parcel of goodies from paper-and-string. Yippeeeeeee!



Look at all that loveliness. A happy tree plus his own gnomey disguise, a roll of funky tape and a shade card of all of the gorgeous felt colours that Sarah has to offer. Even the little note card has a hand-stitched felt topper on it.
My mistake yesterday - I didn't order two trees; just the one but isn't he cute?


Guess who...? hehehe
I love him. He just needs a name......... Hmm.....

I've been a good girlie today and finished off incy's giveaway package. That's just about to go to the Post Office. I made a little extra surprise for her which I'm very excited about, but I can't show you until she's had her parcel. You'll just have to wait until Monday.

"What no blog all weekend?" I hear you cry. Well no. I'm off to (hopefully) sunny Devon for the weekend so I shall have to resist until I get back. Have a great weekend, whatever you get up to.

Byeeeeeeeee.

9 comments:

artisbliss said...

I really enjoyed this post. Loved the mug, the stack of "cups", and the package of goodies. I want one sheet of every color felt in that folder! How yummy!

I think your little animated belly dancer is brilliant. Have a fabulous weekend in Devon, and I hope the sun shines the whole time!

Tip Top said...

Have a fab week - shall miss you!!

Sam Gillespie said...

Oh I do love a little surprise!

Have fun in Devon. xx

Twiggy said...

gorgeous mug, your little parcel is brill, so cute. Have a jolly weekend
twiggy

Suzie Sews At DOTTY RED said...

Lovely goodies from the Felt Queen and as for the mug, Ikea did sometea towels for Christmas wirth a similar design on them and I have seen them made into cushions...now there is an idea!!!Have a great weekend

Sömsmånen said...

Goodness, what a lot of delicious stuff in this blog... I found you through Syko Kajsa's blog and shall be back here really soon!

jennyflowerblue said...

Hope you've had a great weekend. A welcome home of a blog award from me (bet you've already had it!) Anyway the new man in your life is seriously cute the perfect blend of woody beardiness......(can you guess I'm from the West Country?) just what I look for in a guy!

liz said...

Hope you have a nice time in Devon:) Love your meez, I have my own now.

Sam Gillespie said...

Me again! - You have been given an award! Check my blog =D