Friday 20 June 2008

Toadstool Swap


Toadstool Swap
Originally uploaded by ethel and edna
Yay!! Molly has finally received her toadstool parcel from me so I can post pictures of the other ones I made. Quite a few of us had the same 'original' idea of adding doors and windows to make fairy houses, but even so they are quite different.
I sent the larger on to Molly with the lace frill around the cap. It has a red felt cap with white polka dots and I have sewn vintage pearly buttons onto the spots. More pictures can be seen if you have a look on my Flickr page.
Can't wait to see what Molly sends back to me now. Hopefully she will send it at the weekend so I'll be able to post about it at the end of next week. How exciting!

5 comments:

Swirlyarts said...

I still haven't made mine but luckily neither has my swap partner!! Strange question but did you just send in a request on the Chris Evans show? Someone did for the Solstice walk tomorrow so I wondered if it was you!

Lucykate Crafts... said...

lovely toadstools, really like the lacey touch : )

Krafty Keely said...

I think the toadstools are wonderful, they reminded me of the Magic Faraway Tree. This was my FAVOURITE book as a child and the idea of doors and flowers up the stalk just takes me back.

Thanks for the post. I am going to hunt the book at out the Car Boots for my niece and see if she loves it as much as I did.

Keely x

x vInTaGe VioLeT x said...

great toadstools - love that polkadot felt and the lace and the buttons!!!

Anonymous said...

I was so so lucky to get you as a partner. What a lovely package I received! And guess what? I have finally finished up with yours. I just have to package it up all nice with some goodies tonight, and will pop it in the mail tomorrow. Thanks for being so patient with me.