Thursday 14 July 2011

Phoenix from the ashes...

"Here we go again..."  You may well be thinking just that and rightly so.  This time I'm going for it!  Properly!  Stock is accumulating.  Craft fair stalls are being booked.  And workshops are being prepared.  Take a look at this:


Starting in September I will be running a series of workshops in the comfort of my own workroom. There is room for up to 6 people around the table. All fabrics, threads, embellishments, tea, coffee and cake will be provided. Just bring along your enthusiasm (and possibly a sewing machine) and prepare to have some fun.


I will be covering a wide range of techniques including crochet, patchwork (both machine and hand stitched),
appliqué, doll-making and the dreaded ‘C’ word rears it’s ugly head but it’s never to early to start stitching for Christmas! Stockings are already on the list of planned classes and advent calendars will be added very soon.

In addition to these I am holding a less structured session on a Wednesday afternoon. Over the years I have learned a wide range of textile-related techniques including hand and machine embroidery, felt-making, printing and dyeing. The one thing I miss about college is having like-minded people to bounce ideas off. So, Wednesday afternoons will be ‘play sessions’ where we can work on our own projects, gain inspiration from others and learn new techniques as we wish.

Finally, if there is something you’ve always had a hankering to learn then ask me and I will do my best to help. If you have a few friends that are just as keen I can arrange a one-off class especially for your group.

So there you go.  These classes have been announced on Facebook today so now I've just got to sit and wait for the rush of bookings :-).

I'm also taking some leaflets and booking forms to my FIRST CRAFT FAIR IN TWO YEARS on Saturday.  "Craft fair?  But where is that being held?" I hear you cry.  Well, it's this Saturday 16th July from 10.00am 'til 4.00pm at Wade Street Church Hall in Lichfield, and it's to raise money for Cancer Research UK so it's for a VERY good cause to boot.  Seriously though, click on the link for full details.  There's a map of where to find it and a contact phone number for the organiser in case you get lost.  Of course you may want to stand yourself so you could give her a call to see if there's any space left.



 

No comments: